Feedback Thoughts

Why rejection hurts and what to do about it

I liked reading this article because I am the type of person so really be affected by rejection. The reason I clicked on it was because I literally just wanted to know what to do about rejection since I feel like I always handle it the worst way. When Guy Winch talks about how when someone gets rejected they hurt themselves more by blaming themselves for the rejection resonated with me. I do the exact same thing all the time thinking that the rejection was completely my fault when there could be so many other reasons for it. I like the advice he gave for when a person doesn't call you back after a first date. Just to talk to someone that actually wants to talk to you does make you feel better after being rejected by your date.

Why It's So Hard To Hear Negative Feedback

Tim Herrea starts of by bringing up the anxiety we feel when we are called into the office of our supervisor it made me shake because I have felt that way before many times. It's always a scary feeling since you don't know what to expect but you do know that it won't be good news. I like that improve it would make it a lot more bearable. I think that negative feedback is a very scary thing because no one wants to hear that they are doing bad but if we were to flip that around and make it a positive thing it might be better for us. I know when I do something wrong I always want to be told how to do it the right way so I know how to do it in the future.


"The hand you're dealt is just the starting point"
Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 Story: The Boss and The Secretary

Reading Notes: California and the Old Southwest Part A

Story Lab Story Revision